Thursday, October 25, 2012

Where We Eat

I was originally going to title this post 'Dining Room', I am so creative, I know. But then I realized that I am not sure if we actually have a Dining Room or an Eat in Kitchen. Who decides these things anyways? Does it even matter? Clearly I am over thinking this.

In our old house we had a formal Dining Room and a Breakfast Nook. Where did we eat in that house? On the couch of course. The formal Dining Room was used maybe 3 times in the 4 years that we lived there, it just seemed too stuffy to eat in there. The Breakfast Nook was rarely used because it had a higher pub style table which we just didn't find comfortable. In this house we wanted a place for our dining room table but somewhere that was still casual, somewhere we'd feel comfortable eating everyday. I think we succeeded.




There needs to be an area rug in here, that table just looks lost right now. I want to put a console table against the wall to the right of the island and our island needs stools. Right now we are just using the extra dining chairs but the plan is to get some stools to go there. 

Side note: If you look closely you can tell that our stair rail isn't done yet, we started on it upstairs and it looks amazing so far. I can't wait to see what it looks like down here. 




Isn't my fall centrepiece fancy? Ha. The plan was to add some pinecones in the bowl. Then it snowed. I am not digging around in the snow for pinecones. My centrepiece is just going to have to deal with it.


4 comments:

  1. Michael's has pine cones, and they always have coupons. I wouldn't dig in the snow for them either.

    Dining room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not overexaggerating at all when I say that I love all of it! Your floors, the colors... and even your pinecone-less centerpiece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I know what you mean about the formal dining room. I don't really care for them since they're rarely used. Your set up is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you on the formal dining room, every house I've known to have one rarely gets used. However I'm not a huge fan of breakfast nooks either (something in between is nice!). Everything looks great so far, but a few 'finishing touches' like you mentioned will really help define the space.

    ReplyDelete