Friday, November 2, 2012

Family Room

When we were working on the plans for our house I wanted a large Family Room. Not because I want a large family but because I wanted a space that could grow with us. I wanted the space to be flexible. I  didn't want a room that was just big enough for our furniture and the appropriate amount of space to sit in front of the TV.


Right now it's just me and The Husband (and our dog, Jack, of course) so we have the space behind the couch set up as a games area. Our office isn't set up yet so we also use this space to work sometimes.


I wanted this room to have a fun. casual vibe. So I opted to go for some fun colors mixed in with some fun prints.


This space still needs some work. Like area rugs, end tables, wall art, etc. We also have a few bigger projects that need to get done in here. The entertainment unit is one of them...


Or maybe we should just leave it like this?

We also want to put stone or tile around the fireplace. And if you haven't noticed, I am conveniently not showing you the other side of this room. Right now it's storage for our stair rail that is still in progress. I don't know what we are going to do over there yet. Right now I am thinking maybe a storage trunk would be neat. I don't know, I'll keep you posted though!

2 comments:

  1. I love the bits of color you've added - and I need to know... what's on the wall left of the TV? It looks fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's our fireplace! Seeing as how we have geothermal heat we don't have a gas line run to the house which means no gas fireplace. We didn't like the looks of an electrical fireplace so we went with an ethanol fireplace. It has a little tray at the bottom that you fill with fuel and then you burn that. The flames look really neat when it's burning!

      Delete