Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sitting Room

Now that we are pretty much all moved in I thought I'd share what our house looks like furnished and decorated. Technically we're not done decorating although, is anyone ever done decorating? We still need some wall art and other things here and there. I'll start with where we are now and I'll update you on any changes or updates we happen to make down the road.

You've already seen the Kitchen so I guess we'll move to the Sitting Room next. Our main floor is made up of the Kitchen, Dining Room, Front Entrance, Sitting Room, Pantry, Mud Room, and Laundry Room. The Kitchen, Dining Room, and Sitting Room are all open to each other.  When I show you the Dining Room I'll show some pictures of how those rooms work together.

We wanted more of a formal Sitting Room (we use the word formal pretty loosely around here) so that if we are hosting big family events people can be hanging out in the Sitting Room but still be close to the Kitchen and whoever is cooking in the kitchen. Considering that we are self employed we also wanted a comfy place to hold informal meetings without having our clients come into the areas of our home that we use more frequently.

Anyways, enough rambling. Let's move onto some pictures!








I would like to upgrade the coffee and end table at some point but these cheapie Ikea ones work for now. We also need to get something on those walls, I am just not sure what yet. I like how it is all coming together so far though!


Sources:

Wall Color: Benjamin Moore Cape May Cobblestone
Curtains: Sears
Coffee and End Table : Ikea
Area Rug: Rugs USA
Sofa and Chairs: Palliser
Lamps: HomeSense
Throw Pillows: Etsy Shop, Pickfair

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, it looks lovely. I think it took me 3 years to get to this kind of point. You're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, fresh, calming space. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the color scheme! cant wait to see the rest

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room looks great so far, calming and chic at the same time. I think some oversized art/prints playing off the cool aquamarine/turquoise & white tones would look great on either wall above the couch or chairs (or both).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a perfect place for clients and reading. Nice to have somewhere comfortable to sit when there is someone in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete