Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pretty Shiny Things and Some Backsplash

One of the last things we finished before moving in was the backsplash in the Kitchen. I didn't want to be cooking in there without the backsplash up and I didn't want to have to put the stove and hood vent in only to have to take them back out so we could do the backsplash.

I absolutely love how the backsplash in the kitchen turned out. We used a white subway tile in a brick pattern with a dark grey grout. Nothing earth shattering but I think it totally suits our kitchen.



Aren't our appliances so pretty and shiny? They are just a small step up from the ones in our camper. We ended up going with Electrolux appliances. Appliance shopping was hard. I really went back and forth on this decision. Originally I had wanted Electrolux but the I wasn't sure if buying a pricier appliance would be worth it in the long run. I figured that any appliance suite is going to be somewhat pricey so I might as well spend the money on something I love. I ended up getting them cheaper than we had budgeted for so it was a win win.

So far I love them. We had Thanksgiving here last weekend (Canada, eh) and they all did awesome. The dishwasher does a great job, our dishes literally sparkle when you take them plus it's super quiet. We ran it after Thanksgiving dinner and I don't think anyone even noticed it was running. The fridge is massive. It held all of our turkey day leftovers and there is still lots of room. If you've ever been to one of my family get togethers you'll know that that's really saying something. Plus it has this cool zone drawer that's like bonus space. We used it for our beverages. It held a dozen pepsi and I think two dozen beer. I don't know but there were a lot of drinks in there. The range has really been put to the test. So far it's cooked a pizza, 3 pies, a turkey, and our traditional breakfast dish. They all came out great. Well I didn't eat any pie but people went back for seconds or maybe thirds so it must have been good. Overall I am very satisfied with our appliance purchases.

I wonder what I should bake next...

Disclaimer: I am pretty sure Electrolux doesn't know that I exist. I was not compensated in any way, shape, or form to write this post. I just really like my appliances.

6 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I love the subway tile and the lighting fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm moving into your kitchen! I'll cook for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, love the tile. Will you come grout mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, that is one fantastic kitchen!! Congrats on moving in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that kitchen.
    So happy to hear you moved in! The place looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete