Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Master Bedroom

I know I said that I'd have an outdoor update for you but it's not quite ready yet. It's coming though, I promise!

The Husband finished one of his projects so now I can share the Master Bedroom with you. So far I think the Master Bedroom is tied with the Kitchen for my favourite space in the house.


I really should have made the bed better before taking these. 



We bought the bookcase for the reading corner from Ikea. It's the Billy Bookcase if anyone is wondering, I just painted the back panel yellow. I measured on our house plans what size of bookcase we needed. I didn't take into account the thickness of our baseboard so the bookcase didn't fit. Oops. My brother in law is a carpenter and he assured me that they do this sometimes when they measure too. I don't feel as bad about it now.

The Husband took about a half inch off the bookcase section so it would fit. It still needs something though....oh yeah, some books would probably be good there.

We want to add some handles to the doors to fancy them up a bit too. And like every other room in our house it needs.....area rugs. I bet you all were on the edge of your seats on that one. I also want to put something else in that corner where our initials are. They were from our wedding but I think they are too short for that space.

So that's our little retreat. I love it, it is so cozy and relaxing. Plus the bed is super comfy even if it needs a few more throw pillows.

10 comments:

  1. Wait. That's your bed not made?? You guys are the tidiest sleepers ever! I love the entire space. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's made, it just looks messy to me still! Frumpy or something.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love everything about it, but especially your windows. I like how there's so many and I love the look of them. The little reading area is so cozy looking too. Basically, I'd like to have your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!
    Definitely need to fill that will books asap.
    Where did you get your bed?

    I might put silk flowers in a tall vase behind the letters. Then you can change the flowers with the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my books are still boxed up, I just need to unpack them!

      We got the bed at a local furniture store up here but the brand is DeFehr if that helps you.

      I had found this tall skinny orange elephant at Homesense that I wanted to get to go in that corner but H wouldn't let me get it. I am still on the hunt for something similar, I'll probably never find it though. Stupid boys.

      Delete
    2. Awesome thanks!
      I'd buy it anyway. Do they really notice? haha

      Delete
  4. SO BEAUTIFUL! Who cares about stair rails when you have this! your house is so put together, our bedroom just has a bed and a a crap ton of blankets piled on it right now lol

    ps love your windows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your windows are beautiful! I'm in love. The whole room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are talking about building an addition as a master bedroom on our house and I put forth the idea of a reading nook like yours as a possible solution to a space dilemma....thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete