Monday, September 24, 2012

And the tiling continues...

Last week we finished the tile in the shower in the Master Bath. This was the biggest tile job we've tackled so far, actually it's most likely the biggest tile job we'll ever do. The Husband says if we ever want to re-tile we're hiring it out. So, I think it's pretty safe to say that we are both glad that this shower is done. We still have most of the grout left to do but at least the hard part is over.






We're still waiting for the glass company to come out and give us a quote for the shower doors. I am guessing it's going to be at least another month before we get shower doors in here.

The shower head was mounted a bit on the low side. I am not sure if our plumber had a momentary lapse in judgement or if it's the fixture we bought, or what happened there. In all honesty we're both short so we can both safely stand under the shower it just doesn't look right to us. We might get a different pipe to attach the shower head with, or maybe change out the shower head all together. I don't really see the big deal but The Husband is not impressed so I'll leave that up to him. I am just glad we have a shower, that you know, looks like a shower.

Now we just have the backsplash in the Kitchen and the Laundry Room left to do...

5 comments:

  1. oh we are hiring our tile out at this point (things could change since we are way over budget!) but you guys did a great job, it looks gorg. we also have to get special made glass doors. gahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo woo! Looks beautiful - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tile choice! We hired the tile out. It was either not move in for a month while we did tile or hire it out and have it done in 2 days. Way to tough it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever visit you, can I shower in this shower? Or is that too creepy? Definitely not creepy, right? I'm tall so I may have the squat under your low shower head, but I'll manage. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love big showers. Room for two ;)

    ReplyDelete