Thursday, June 28, 2012

Concrete and Deliveries

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes! 

And back to business....

On friday before we left for the city our concrete guys were working hard pouring the slab in the garage. When we got back on Sunday we had a shiny new pad:

This is a horrible picture. Is there such a thing as a good picture of a concrete slab? If there is this is not a good example. Whatever, you get the idea. I am sure you've seen a garage before. 

Now that we have the slab poured (we are now done with concrete!!!) we can move forward with a few things. We had all of our tile (except for the backsplash that was back ordered), our interior doors, interior hardware, and trim all delivered. 


All of our tile stacked up, waiting to be set. I had mentioned earlier that we were unable to schedule a tile setter that would work with our schedule so we are going to attempt this on our own. One of the local tile setters is going to give us a quick run down on what products to use and what exactly we need to do. It's a little daunting but I think we can handle it. 




Our doors and trim are waiting for our painter to come home from holidays to be painted. He can also finish up our first coat of paint! I am so excited to see it painted. Our house is so white right now, it's throwing me a little bit. I am worried that when it is finally painted the house is going to look so dark compared to the bright white it is right now. 

Once the doors and trim are painted and the tile is laid my brother in law and his crew are coming up to do the finishing work for us. He figures they can do all the laminate, the baseboards, door and window trim, custom shelving, and some wainscoting trim in 4 days. The husband and I are a bit leery of his timeline but I am excited to see all this work done. We are going to be so close to move in at that point! 

I am so glad that we are at the stage where each little thing looks like progress! 

2 comments:

  1. WOW you guys are getting CLOSE! I bet it's exciting to actually have an idea of move in time! good luck doing the tile yourselves. I have never tried it but they say it it just time consuming not that hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting to be at this stage of the game where everything truly feels like one step closer! D did our tile. It's not hard, just time consuming.

    ReplyDelete