Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Make This. Now.

For Real.



Saturday was The Husband's birthday. I needed to make him a birthday cake. I of course headed over to Pinterest to see what I could find. I stumbled across this marvelous masterpiece. Oreo Brownie Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake. His favourites are Oreo, brownies, and cookie dough it was the perfect recipe. I made a few tweaks from the original recipe and it turned out amazing. Seriously. The Husbnad is a lover of all things sweet and I was told that this is the best cake. Ever.

Ingredients:
1 Pkg Oreo Cookies
1/3 Cup butter melted
6 Cups cookie dough ice cream
Chocolate Fudge Sauce (you can use bought but I made my own. I think the homemade sauce really made this cake. I included the fudge sauce recipe at the bottom of this post)
1-9x13 pan of brownies ( I made a batch of two bite brownies, next time I think I am going to just buy them. I don't think it would change the end result at all.)
1 container of Cool Whip

Food Processor (or you could buy oreo crumbs instead of oreo cookies but I liked that I could make them coarser chopping them at home)
8x8 casserole dish (the original recipe called for a springform pan, but I don't have one of those. A casserole dish worked just fine though)

Instructions:
Crumble 2/3 pkg of oreos in food processor. Reserve about 6 Tablespoons of crumbs. I tried to save the bigger crumbs because I wanted a crunchier layer in the middle.

Mix remaining crumbs with the butter and press into the bottom of your pan. Freeze for 1 hour.

Soften ice cream and then spread 3 Cups ( I didn't actually measure this, I just made sure I had an even layer) on top of crub crust. Freeze for 1 more hour.

Top ice cream with reserved crumbs. Top crumbs with fudge sauce. I didn't measure this either, I just made sure I had a good even layer. Freeze for 1 more hour. (the original recipe mixed the crumbs and the fudge together. I liked the idea of them being seperate layers though).

Sofen ice cream and spread the remaining 3 cups on top of fudge sauce layer. Again I didn't measure this, just made sure I had a nice even layer keeping in mind that I still have 2 layer that I need to fit in the pan.

Cut up two bite brownies into halves and space out over the ice cream layer. I didn't end up with a solid brownie layer but that was my personal preference.

Smooth softened Cool Whip over brownie layer. Freeze over night.

Chocolate Fudge Sauce:

For the 8x8 pan I used:

1 Cup Cream
1 Cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons of cocoa

Bring to a boil over medium-low heat stirring constantly. I let it boil for a few minutes while stirring. Remove from heat.

Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Let cool.

Enjoy! It will be gone before you know it.











4 comments: