Monday, February 25, 2013

Laundry Love.

When we were working on our house plan we knew that we didn't want upstairs laundry. I feel like this is on everyone's wish list but it just doesn't work with our lifestyle. We had upstairs laundry in our old house and I knew it wasn't something I wanted in our forever home. It was convenient to have the laundry room just down the hall from our bedroom but for us that's where the positives ended.

In this house we wanted the laundry room to be closer to where we spend most of our time, aka the living spaces of the house. We put it just off the mudroom, close to the kitchen. In reality I spend about 99% of my time in the Family Room. Its where we work until the office is done and it's where we relax. But I am still close enough to the Laundry Room that I don't find it inconvenient to stop what I am doing for a few minutes to switch the laundry.

Aesthetically I knew I wanted a bright, and clean looking laundry room with lots of white. I think we succeeded.


Under the window on the left I eventually want to make a sorting station with different hampers for different loads but I haven't found any hampers or containers that will work how I want them to. 


I hang the majority of my clothes to dry so I wanted an open area, as opposed to a closet, where I could hang everything to dry.





I love how our laundry room turned out. I kind of wish that it wasn't a room that I had to go to work so I could enjoy it a bit more. Maybe I should put a recliner in the corner and a TV on the counter. My little wife getaway. The Husband seems to be allergic to doing laundry so he'd never find me! 

4 comments:

  1. It is very bright and pretty and cheery - which I think is very important in such a dreaded room. ;) LOOOOOVE the little sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty laundry room! ours is off the kitchen too...it;s just easier to have it there so i can do it when i am cleaning or spending time in the kitchen/ living room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow looks great! Big laundry rooms are definitely a must.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Light, bright, lots of light and cheery? I think you nailed it. I'm actually a little jealous of how bright your laundry room is (ours is literally a dungeon).

    ReplyDelete