Saturday, July 14, 2012

Blogiversary

Today is my 1st Blogiversary. I can't believe that I have been blogging about this process for one year already and we still aren't moved in.

Happy Blogiversary to meee!

When we first started construction we thought that we could be done in 6 months. What were we thinking?

Right now with the way our schedule is looking we could realistically be moved in, in 5-6 weeks. On one hand that seems really quick. Only 5 more weeks of this!! On the other hand, that's 5 or 6 more weeks of showering at my mother in-laws. It's 6 more trips to do our laundry. It's 105 more meals that I have to cook from the kitchen in our camper. And that's assuming things go according to schedule. We should all know by now that that is not usually the case. 6 weeks could easily turn into 8, and 8 into 10. Who knows? At this point I am just hoping we'll be in before the snow flies, again.

I wonder what I'll be blogging about a year from now? I hope it's not construction related...

4 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary!! You guys will be in the house in no time. just think...what we were doing 5 weeks ago from now? OH WOW it was already 5 weeks ago? lol thats what we do...2 more months. OK 2 months was my birthday and that seems like just a couple of weeks! this way it seems like no time at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary!

    We thought we'd be in in 6 to 7 months, max, but it ended up being 11. And the last 6 weeks of that, we were homeless and living with my folks. I've been there, and it sucks, and just know I'm giving you a virtual pat on the back. You will get there! We've only been in the new house for 2 months so far, but already the pain of the bad is fading. :) It'll be worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are notorious for underestimating how long house projects will take. Someday we'll learn. Here's hoping you guys ARE in by 6 weeks from now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! My fingers are crossed that you can move in in 3-4 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete