Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Long Weekend Wrap Up

We didn't get as much done over the long weekend and we thought we would. I think we set our sights a little bit too high knowing that we had an extra day to work.

On Friday we set out to finish laying the subfloor over the concrete in the family room. We got about 90% done and ran out of materials. In order to lay the subfloor level on top of the concrete you use levelling strips to make up for any imperfections in the concrete. Our concrete is way less than perfect because we ran out of levelling strips about 4 times. This project is still not done. We have one board and a half still to lay but we ran out of levelling strips again. We're planning on getting some more tomorrow so we should be done with this floor soon.

On Saturday we worked on finishing up some small details on the framing in the basement and The Husband built the stairs for the basement. I apologize for the bad photo. We have this fancy light in the basement, it's only one light bulb but it lights up the whole basement. Great for working down there, not so great for photos.


Sunday we decided to take some time for ourselves and go out for brunch. It was delicious but the restaurant had the weirdest brunch buffet I have seen. It had the typical breakfast items, and a salad bar, and then a chinese and seafood section. Very weird for a chain restaurant. Anyways, we couldn't possibly go anywhere without a trip to the hardware store. We had a few materials and supplies to pick up and I got some plants. 

I wanted to plant some larger pots that can eventually go on the front steps of the house when we move in. My plans was to plant them now so that they have time to fill in and look good later on. For the time being they are classing up the front of our trailer. 


Now that I have these home I think I should have got bigger pots if I want them to work on the front step of the house. We'll see how it goes when we move them, I can always use them on the deck or something instead. 


I planted 5 plants per pot. A big leaf (honestly, that's what the tag says), a Creeping Jenny, a Strawflower, and a white flower and yellow flower (I can't remember the names of those ones right now, I'll try to add an update later). 


I also did a small tomato garden. I have two different varieties of a full sized tomato and a baby roma. I also did a basil plant in there too. 

I can't wait until next summer when our yard isn't a construction site and I can landscape and plant a real garden with more than just tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment